Saturday, May 25, 2013

Oklahoma Here We Come!

It's official... We're going to Oklahoma City!
We are planning on leaving in about a week.  We're going to strip out my Dad's 14' job trailer, and fill it with donated supplies to give to the churches that are working on the disaster relief.
At first, we thought that we would not be able to get in to help (seeing how there have been over 700 people trying to volunteer!), but since they won't have to house us at the church, (another perk of being an RVer) we were able to sign up and we're in!

God is truly blessing our family by giving us this wonderful opportunity;  none of this would be possible without Him.  I can only speak for myself, but my life has never been the same since the first time I volunteered; our very first more-than-a-few-hours volunteer job was a weekend of building with Homes for Our Troops.  I became more aware that life is not just about me, that I had to get out of "My own little world" and look around.  When we first started traveling I thought that everything would be about 'where we were going next'; I didn't think I'd have any opportunity to do anything like volunteering several times with Samaritan's Purse.  I had no idea what God had in store for my family and I.
It's going to be hard leaving my friends when we've only been back for a few weeks, but hey! when God calls, there's no saying 'no',  no matter what the sacrifice may be.

If anyone's around the Oklahoma City area, we would love to see you!  I'm really hoping meet up again with some of the other volunteers that we met in Calhoun, Tuscaloosa, and Shuqualak!

No comments:

Post a Comment