Monday, June 3, 2013

Hello Oklahoma!!!

Well, we have finally arrived in Moore Oklahoma! 
We left Friday afternoon, and pulled into the church we are now staying at, around noon today (Monday).
The scenery was beautiful!  I never thought I'd like southern Kansas so much - I could easily live there!  I loved watching the grass wave in the wind, and the endless sea of wind mills.
Ohhhhh! I just can't get over the amazing beauty of south Kansas! 

The trip down was OK; I definitely need to get some new songs for my ipod tho!  I rode with my Dad the whole way down and spent some great quality time with him.  Whether it was singing "Life Is A Highway"(Rascal Flatts) together, "Reckless"(Jeremy Camp), or maybe "Good Morning"(Mandisa!)  Or just trying to stay awake, and trying to keep him awake, :)  I always like spending time with him.

We tried to drive for 10 hours each day so that we could get there on Sunday, but... with our family, things always go slower :) anyone who has a big family will know what I'm talking about...


We are planning on starting disaster relief (DR) work tomorrow; first we are going to help out the church that we are staying with while they have a skidsteer rented (they don't have an operator and dad runs one).  Besides working with SP (Samaritan's Purse) while we are here, we're also going to try some new Disaster Relief organizations that are here - we want to try volunteering with God's Pit Crew and with Operation Blessing (but not sure about OB because you have to be 15, so Thomas can't volunteer with them...).
Matthew 19:26
“With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

I would like to ask EVERYONE to please keep in your prayers, that all goes smoothly and that God will use us in a mighty way for His glory!

Romans 8:28          
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Beth,

    So glad to hear that you guys made it to Oklahoma safely. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers as you serve there. I'm sure you'll be such a blessing to the people of Moore, Oklahoma.

    Love, Jessie

    ReplyDelete