Saturday, March 2, 2013

Dr. Seuss Day -

I am a total fan of Dr Seuss, but I forgot that it is Dr Seuss day today!!! (some fan, huh?)
I absolutely love his writings; I still enjoy reading his books to the little kids :)

Here are some quotes by him:
#1
“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”

This one is my favorite!
#2
“Why fit in when you were born to stand out?”

#3
“It has often been said
there’s so much to be read,
you never can cram
all those words in your head.

So the writer who breeds
more words than he needs
is making a chore
for the reader who reads.

That's why my belief is
the briefer the brief is,
the greater the sigh
of the reader's relief is.

And that's why your books
have such power and strength.
You publish with shorth!
(Shorth is better than length.)”


#4
“You're never too old, too wacky, too wild, to pick up a book and read to a child.”

#5
“To the world you may be one person; but to one person you may be the world.”

Imagine life without his writings.
Think of a life without as much laughter, life would surely be so much sadder,
He has brought us so much joy, happiness and pleasure, he is a man we'll remember forever!

5 comments:

  1. Here's a good one:
    "Look what we found
    in the park
    in the dark.
    We will take him home.
    We will call him Clark.

    He will live at our house.
    He will grow and grow.
    Will our mother like this?
    We don't know."
    -Dr. Suess

    Don't you pity me now?
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. LOL, When I read the last line for my kids, I change it. Will our mother like this? I don't think so! LOL. We love Seuss Day at our house.

      Delete
  2. I love these quotes :) Dr. Seuss is awesome!
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you like green eggs and ham?? ;)

    ~Becky

    ReplyDelete