Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Lipizzaners...

A few weeks ago we were able to go and see the Herrman Lipizzaner stallions! Their winter home is about 30 miles from where we were staying at the time. The ranch has days were you can go and watch them practice.
                                         I am a horse lover so I love watching stuff like this.
                                                    This is one of my favorite pictures.
                                  The show was only about an hour, but I loved every minute of it.

         This horse was my personal favorite; his name is Storm I loved his dark mane.  They told us that these horses are born brown and/or black!  It takes almost 10 years for their coat and mane to turn white.
                                               
 
He is SO gorgeous!!!!!
 
                              

Thankfully we got seats in the shade - it was so hot.

We had watched a group of Lipizzaner stallions perform once before, a couple years ago back in MT, but they were the professional Vienna tour group. These ones were not quite as up-scale as the ones we had seen before, but still a lot of fun to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment